In all honesty, I am not a particularly deep thinker. I am surrounded by a lot of people who have these incredible thoughts in their brain, they inspire and they perceive the world in unique ways and they come and tell me these thoughts. I am filled with awe of these people. There's no need for me to deep-think because, well, they've pretty much got it covered for me.
Apparently, for me, thinking about my own life is about as deep as it gets. Recently this has been happening more than often, sitting back and taking in everything that is happening/has happened and being entirely perplexed by it all. How people become strangers, situations get so complicated, what you are getting out of life and what you feel you want. I'm under no impression that I'm going to live forever. In actual fact, I'm pretty sure I'm going to die between the ages of 30 - 35. I don't regret anything I've done from the past 3 years or so (and I'm no saint) and I'm all very content with life. So this doesn't really bother me.
What bothers me is that I'll be on my death bed and realise that there is something I should have, or could have done, and it'll be too bloody late by then. It's all very well sitting on the sofa all day and not regretting it (which I never do) but at some point, that may seem like wasted time.
Whilst walking along the beach with a friend the other day they told me of something they had done that they could 'tick off their bucket list.' So, as the title suggests, I compiled one. Because everyone needs a little something to live for, and it seemed silly not to.
There are only 30 things so far. Maybe I should call it "30 Things To Do Before I'm 30" but it may grow, and then that title would annoy my OCD.
Little apology to any family/teachers/close family friends reading this. There are items about sex included. Take a deep breath and make a brew before reading if you have to.
The List
- See the 7 Wonders of the World
- Ride an elephant
- Bury my mother
- Own my own Mini Cooper
- Bunjee jump
- Have sex under the stars
- Go to every Disney world
- Enjoy every job I am in. However, difficult that may be.
- Own a Polaroid camera. Use it.
- Actually complete the 'Wreck This Journal' (ughhh)
- Go to the Hardy Tree
- Swim under a waterfall
- Write an autobiography. Even if no-one reads it,
- Ride a hot air balloon
- Have sex in the back of my own Mini Cooper
- Visit Ireland
- Achieve a washboard flat stomach. Pierce it.
- Go to a drive-in film
- Go skinny dipping in the sea
- Graduate with at least a 2;1
- Live with someone I love
- Solve a Rubik cube
- Learn how to play poker. Win a game
- Play Truth or Drink with someone I'm dating. (Watch this version too)
- Learn how to sew properly. Make my own garment.
- Float in the dead sea.
- Be a vegetarian for a month. Don't complain.
- Plan my sister's wedding
- Watch all of IMdB's Top 250 films
- Race a Go-Kart
Much love xx
No comments :
Post a Comment