Hello there!
I've been meaning to write a new post for a while but it's happening now as I have actual work to do and books to read for my course and therefore, I must procrastinate in any way possible.
I'm going to link this post on Facebook which I haven't ever done before and I'm a little apprehensive about but I think it will go down okay.. If you've started reading this because of the glorious site that is Facebook - hello!
I know January has nearly ended but I have spent all of this month thinking of my New Year's Resolutions and I thought that I would now share these with you (I expect that the excitement is truly unreal.) You've probably had enough of New Year's Resolutions or maybe you're still thinking of your own, either way, mine are fab so you should read on.
- This year I am going to do things that I don't like and get over it. This has started very small but I think that's a good thing. I hate things touching my neck and have done for years but this year I am going to sort out that problem and therefore I bought a turtle neck jumper. I feel very restricted in it and half like I'm being strangled but it's a start. I'm aware this seems a little ridiculous but for me, it's huge and as they say, the longest journey does begin with the smallest step! I don't know what else I don't like but each time I shrink away from something I am going to push myself to do it.
- Blog more often! Because I like writing and I need to discipline myself and this leads onto..
-...Keeping on top of work/working harder. I slacked so much in my first term (which I know is allowed) but when talking to a friend who is doing a Masters he said it was nice to be "mentally stimulated" and however nerdy this may sound, I miss that. I love love love Netflix but after so long I feel as if I'm letting myself down and there's so much more to do with life and I'm in bed doing sweet fa. Therefore this year I will work hard and of course, party harder.
- Velvet, I will wear velvet and high waisted jeans and prints this year. Possibly not all together.
- I will love myself and appreciate myself and will not search for approval from anyone else but myself.
Being an English literature student I don't know if this is comes with the title or is just obviously, but I completely adore poetry. I wouldn't say I love every single poem ever. I don't get along with Coleridge's "Frost At Midnight" and quite often I have no idea what poets are on about. But, and I'm sure many people fell like this, often poems resonate within me and I can't help but read them over and over and learn lines in them and cherish them. Recently I bought a poetry anthology called "Poems That Make Grown Men Cry." I'd read about it in the Sunday Times and as I like poetry and my student loan had come through, thought I may as well buy it. I did of course find a poem that made me cry (which isn't extreme as I cry at everything.) But I also found a poem that I completely loved. It's a poem that Tom Hiddleston submitted so, now you know what can make Loki tear up. I shall leave you with it, it links to my last resolution and it is wonderful. If you don't get it now, I'm sure one day you will.
Much love x
Love After Love
The time will come
when, with elation,
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door, in your own mirror,
and each will smile at each other's welcome,
and say, sit here. Eat.
You will love again the stranger who was yourself.
Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart
to itself, to the stranger who has loved you
all your life, whom you ignored
for another, who knows you by heart.
Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,
the photographs, the desperate notes,
peel your own image from the mirror.
Sit. Feast on your life.
Derek Walcott
#blog #blogger #blogging #newyear #resolutions #poetry #tomhiddleston #selfworth #procrastination #thankyouforreading
No comments :
Post a Comment