Ramblings. Lifestyle. Snaps.

Thursday, 5 February 2015

Motivation Lives Here

I don't understand January diets. I understand the dieting idea of course, but not in January! There's too much Christmas food still to be eaten and everyone always spends the first day of January horrendously hungover from the night before. It's a horrible idea really.
February though, February is where it's at (whatever the ominous 'it' is.) February is the month to begin dieting and being healthy etc etc. Unfortunately, for me, it's also the month where I attempt to eat my body weight in creme eggs/mini eggs before I give up everything I love for Lent.
I've been suitably impressed with myself so far this February. I've been eating healthy (and saving money), I've started both an ab and squat challenge and I've being doing yoga. I've gotten up before 12 and I've completed work. I've even applied for two jobs. Really, I shouldn't be underestimated!
It's all about motivation. Motivation for saving money and working out comes down the fact that myself and three other friends are going to a festival in Spain (Benicassim) in July (which is on the coast) and therefore I need money to buy bikinis and shorts, and I must have the body of Olivia Newton-John in Grease to be able to pull them off.
Speaking of Olivia Newton-John, I'm currently in the process of dying my hair blonde. I will never ever bleach, ever. I love my hair far too much for that and I've spent the last 6 months getting it into optimum condition. But I like to think by summer I will be some sort of blonde.

In addition to being more motivated than I ever have been in my entire little life, I've sort of started building bridges between members of my mother's side of the family. I've never been particularly close with my Granddad and my mother definitely wasn't close with him but, if he died I don't want to regret anything and think about things I never said. So building bridges and sharing the love, we (well, I) must. It's not so bad, he gives me food and offers to take me places. He also lives near-ish to Lincoln Cathedral which is my favourite place in the entire world (so far.) I have no idea what it is about the cathedral, I probably just associate it with a lot of happy memories but I feel so at peace when I am there. I could just sit and contemplate life and people watch all day.
On this trip to Nottingham/Lincoln to visit family though I did realise that my sense of direction is really quite atrocious. However, I did also hitchhike for the first time. Very thrilling (although obviously not particularly safe and the girls did shout at me when I told them when I arrived back at RHUL.)

I'm not sure what there is to look forward to in the near future for me. Not in a depressing way but there are no big events coming up just, life. I'm going home for reading week so it will be lovely to see my dad and to be able to make pancakes on Shrove Tuesday. I'm excited to finish the squat challenge and to have juicy thighs and mainly, I feel content. It's nice to be occupied most of the time. It's lovely to feel like I'm not wasting my life. I like feeling independant and like I have my shit together. I think that's important in life and I'm enjoying achieving that.

To those of you who don't have a Valentine on Valentine's Day. It's alright. I love you, and will probably tell you every day if I could - telling someone you love them is the loveliest thing ever.

Much love xx

1 comment :

  1. Found your blog recently and I’d like to say that I’m in love with it!
    Interesting posts and beautiful photos!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete