When I started my previous relationship one of the first things that I did was blog about it. I blogged about the day he asked me out, I blogged about the lead up, I often casually mentioned him in posts. He was very prevalent.
But now I've been in a relationship with a different person for six months and I haven't blogged about it. Not once.
I don't feel bad about this. My boyfriend isn't crying or moaning to me that I haven't posted on my blog about him so I clearly don't care. In all the months of non-blogging I could have easily filled up that time with a post about him, (he is my favourite thing to talk about and show off). And it wasn't that I didn't have the time to post I just...didn't.
I think my brain became clouded with thoughts that any posts I wrote would be seen as 'mushy' and 'disgusting' and for some reason, I took these hypothetical views to heart.
But I'm over it now and so. Without any further ado, this is a post about my current relationship (posted on our six month anniversary).
To begin, I'm incredibly lucky. I'm sure everyone says this at the beginning of their relationships but I know, I actually know, that this is it for me. Not in some depressing ominous way, but in a happy, I've found my soulmate sort of way. From when we first met we've been completely at ease with one another and I think I've yet to find that in anybody... Well, anybody other than his younger sister who is my best friend/soul sister for 5 years and going STRONG. And that's another reason why I'm lucky, my boyfriend is my best friend's brother, I'm already part of the family and I get to see two for the price of one.
I complain a fair amount and I'm very demanding but he takes it all in his stride. Never letting it get to him, usually laughing it off (and thinking I'm adorable in the meantime, which is incorrect). It's very good for me because otherwise arguments would probably ensue and it brings me down a level - which I probably need. In addition, he brings me a cup of tea every morning and is under the impression that I am a beautiful goddess who needs to be worshipped and he enjoys telling me this. Often,
He's all the usual things you want in a boyfriend - funny, handsome, intelligent, down to earth, gets along with friends and family but there's something else about this one. We're 100% supportive of each other and I never feel alone in everything I do. He may be a 4 hour train journey away but somehow, I still feel like he has my back. Genuinely feeling like I have another half, a person that is willing to stand with me at every crossroad and outside every pizzeria is just, incredible. Now I've felt that feeling and love the support that we give one another, I can't imagine life without it.
It's a head-over-heels, love-at-first-sight kind of love. It's encapsulating and unconditional. It's the kind when the idea of being with somebody else is completely incomprehensible. Why go for someone good when you already have somebody amazing?
So, I'm in love. Entirely and completely and irrevocably in love. With someone who loves me back and always tells me so. And I'm thankful and appreciative of that, I always need the loving, and his love is my favourite.
Honestly, I wouldn't have it, or him, or us, any other way.
No comments :
Post a Comment