Ramblings. Lifestyle. Snaps.

Wednesday, 26 November 2014

Shopping in Windsor and Giving Relationship Advice

About 10 minutes ago I was reading a blog post in which the (rather eloquent) writer said that the blogs she loves the most is where she can follow the person's family's ups and downs and personal life etc etc.
This explains a lot about why my mother's passing is my most read post.
I wouldn't say it's because people are nosy, they just like to invest time in someone they can actually relate to.

I am definitely one for this. Blogs all about hauls and yoga classes do not interest me, give me some nitty gritty! Maybe it's because I completely, 100%, lack any sense of the mysterious. I am ridiculously open about my life and would love to be a really sweet, shy, cute girl that everyone thinks is adorable but in reality I swear like a sailor and can probably shout louder than any of you readers. 
On my tumblr I follow this girl who writes a lot about her sex life and gives tips and things like that and I often scroll through and read absolutely everything. Okay I'm a little bit nosy. But people's sex lives are so bloody interesting! I feel more like if I met her I could hold a conversation with her - obviously not about sex, what is sex? I have no idea - but you understand what I mean.
I don't really know where I'm going with this. Just some thoughts.

Other thoughts in my life. Relationships, 
Can we all just bear in mind that these are just thoughts. I see no point in getting involved in someone else's problems until they ask me for my help, or see no point in telling one party what the other said. Why stir up shit?
I don't understand why people find relationships so difficult.
You like the girl, you ask her out, you're together, happy days.
However, for some, this part must be made as difficult as humanely possible. Someone in my university does not understand that once you have been for a date with a guy (but are not in a relationship yet) you don't still play hard to get. He's got you. That's that, don't make his little legs run anymore! If you didn't like him on the date - tell him. Don't procrastinate and lead him on. Also, don't be embarrassed to tell people you're going on a date with him, If you are lying and saying you're going on a date with a second year, this whole relationship thing really isn't going to work out for you..
When it comes to the actual relationship, here's some advice from someone who is single and probably shouldn't be giving advice, but it's free. So take it.
- Pick your battles. There's no need to argue over every little thing. He wants you to order for him? No big deal, you have to speak more words. He doesn't want to go shopping with you? Go by yourself, you're an independant woman! Both of you don't want to shop? Online ordering is a thing. These are obviously rubbish examples but y'know, save arguments for the big things that really matter to you or your relationship will already be crumbling from all the insignificant things you've been bickering about.
- Don't go to sleep on an argument. This carries on from the last point and I think I mentioned that my mum ingrained it into us to do. What if one of you dies in the night?! You don't want the last thing you said to be hurtful. Also, you won't sleep well with an argument sitting on your subconscious.
- Tell them how you feel. If you feel it's just feels like a friendship and there's a lack of romance. If it's the end. If you want to be together. If you love them. Fucking tell them.
- Don't be a dick. Why is this so difficult in so many relationships? Albeit Rhys and I broke up, but we were never dicks to each other. We never purposely tried to hurt each other and we always knew where we stood with each other. I think people could learn a lot from this. Be there for each other, trust one another, don't purposely make them out to look like idiots on social media or not reply to texts or anything like that. Whatever can be classed as a 'dick move', steer clear of it. If I see you making a dick move, don't think I won't sit you down and call you out on it,

Lastly, I went on a proper big haul today (might be yesterday, depending when I post this.) 
If anyone wants a good place to shop I suggest Windsor. It's small and picturesque and close to the castle. Shops include - Cath Kidston / Topshop / H&M / Zara / New Look / Hotel Chocolat / Waterstones / Paperchase / LUSH / Jo Malone / Pandora / Jigsaw and Bobbi Brown.
I was in seventh heaven.

So, to finish this rambling post, have some pictures of what I bought for myself. I would love to upload some of the things I brought my dad and sister because they are adorable/wonderful but I know they read this, so I won't.








Take care all of you, much love!


(For those who wish to know - Black jeans/grey jumper/grey skirt/beanie from
                                                      H&M
                                                  Dogtooth leggings from New Look
                                                  Dark green dress from TopShop
                                                  Essie Nail Polish in Stylenomics no. 232 from
                                                      Boots)


#blog #blogging #blogger # shopping #windsor #relationship #thankyouforreading

No comments :

Post a Comment