2013 was fucking MENTAL for me.
At the beginning of it I genuinely thought it was going to be the worst year I had ever experienced, but it had picked up by the middle.
I have university offers, love in my life, support from my family and friends on whom I can rely on.
Some things I learnt in 2013:
•If they drain you of your energy then they no longer belong in your life. There's no point dreading everyday just because of the people you see when you can simply smile at them and think "you are an arse and I am fabulous and that is that."
•You should attend atleast one festival in your lifetime. They are epic. Just, epic.
•Love can be found in unlikely places. It helps if you wipe the black marker of 'desperate' off your forehead. No one likes a desperate person.
•Do what makes you happy. It's cliché I know but I realised that while everyone parties their lives away all I really want to do is read a good book. There are so many good books out there and I have deteriorating time to read them in. Reading makes me happy and so that is what I shall do.
2014 is not your year, neither was 2013 and nor will 2015 be. Every single year is your year because it is YOUR life. Don't sit back and think that 'fate' has already pre-determined what you will or won't do and that 'fate' will get you to university or ship you to Africa to help those who need it. That is for you to do.
Now. Stop reading this post and go out there and make 2014 worthwhile, make it sensational and most of all, make it memorable; for all the right reasons.
Happy New Year
This is so true! Made me smile reading this:)
ReplyDeleteThanks Dan! You have literally made my day:)xxx
ReplyDelete