Ramblings. Lifestyle. Snaps.

Saturday, 6 April 2013

Daisy Chains, Lazy Days and Extraordinary Pictures.

I will never understand people.
More to the point, I will probably never understand myself.
I don't understand how people can be so in love one minute, and then 20 years later suddenly decide that they're not, surely you could've worked that out before? I don't understand how people get bored aswell. I am one of those people unfortunately, if I talk to one person too much, after a while I start pulling my hair out and want to break away because it seems too intense and I want to hear something new. Another thing I will never, ever understand is how people will watch the film adaptation of a book and yet not read the book. WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIVES?! The books are always better, I do not care if you're like 'ooh you can't eat popcorn with a book because the pages get sticky.' Well you know what mate you don't care about anything else getting sticky late at night do you? No. No you do not.

I am a very exciting person I will have you know. I have been to Perth (in Australia, not Scotland, not quite the same), I've been to Prague, Spain, the Canary Islands, next year I am hoping to go to Berlin but this year (with school, on a  muisc trip) I went to ITALIAAAAA!
And yes, I do call it that more than Italy, it has a better ring to it when you sing it in an opera way.
Oh my lord almighty Italy, it was so, so beautiful. I can't even.
Well I can actually. We played 3 concerts, one in Florence, 1 in San Gimiano (absolutely no idea if that is the right spelling or not) and 1 in Montecatini. I think the Florence concert was my favourite, it was the only outside one and at one point 500 hundred people were just there chilling, listening to US a little school orchestra from Brackla, it was pretty awesome. The jazz band played a slow piece at one point and there was this old couple slow dancing and AW it was adorable. Only in Italy ofc.
Our tour guide however, was, in the nicest way possible, a knob. Apparently he's been nominanted for 'Tour Guide of the Year in Europe' clearly someone is having a laugh as when we were in Florence he didn''t even know where to go and had to ask for directions. To be fair to him, atleast he did ask for directions, if it had been a British bloke he never would've and we'd have been lost for days. He knew nothing though and I mean NOTHING, when we were in Prague we had a tour guide who babbaled on and on and sent me to sleep half the time but atleast she KNEW something. We walked into a Cathedral at one point and the only thing I knew about it was that it was absolutely fucking freezing. Dario (tour guide) was also having a look around, clearly a first time for him aswell. Another thing I didn't like him was that he didn't let us have a McDonalds.
On the topic of food THE FOOD WAS AMAZING. The pizza and ice cream was just to die for asdfghjkl, however, our hotel tried to both poison and starve us. They tried to poison us at dinner, and one morning I wandered downstairs to a small cube of sponge cake awaiting me, my thoughts of this were 'oooh how nutritous, this shall sustain me for my long day sightseeing in Pisa.'
The views at the top of Pisa were absoluely feckin' awesome. My friend BowtieBrilliance has an iPhone and I succeeded in taking the most brilliant beyond brilliant pictures of the view, I am indeed extraordinary. However I also succeeded in taking the MOST unattractive pictures of myself, in the world, ever. I just got really REALLY bored at times and thought that every moment needed a picture..and I had to be in it. Some of them were of course hilarious and at the time bought us much amusemnet but now.. We actually, they still bring me amusement as I am ComedyCentral.
So yes, we drank, we were merry (some more than others), we played, we prayed for no power, we found power, I made a daisy chain, we squeezed under small umbrellas in sudden rain, we sweltered on a bus for 30 hours and I slept under other people's clothes in the bus aisle. And y'know what? I would give it all back just to do it again.
And yes, that is my finishing song on this post:)

The Easter holidays are upon us once more, and yet again I have been a lazy sod. I spent the first day having a film day, FIVE FILMS were watched one days. F I V E. That is unheard of for me. The Boss pulled out the old 'you'll have square eyes!' trick, however as I already have glasses I think I have defeated that one. Also her eyes are all puffy right now as she's had an allergic reaction to something so she cannot talk, puffpuff.
I've also read books (yes reading, it's a lost art) I have read The Catcher in the Rye (brilliant), Life of Pi (magnificent) and am now reading The Road (thought provoking.) Just realised that I use brackets far too much, sorry 'bout that.

I have noticed quite a lot of people getting rather excitable now that the sun has come out, especially as I live by the beach. There are certain girls who are evidently judging the temperature outside from the warmth of their own homes. This is a mistake. Outside it is still not 'shorts ridden up halfway up your arse so I can see your breakfast' weather, although many seem to think it is. I hope these people desist shortly otherwise I will have to help Kim Jong Un bomb us, but strategically aim the bombs over certain people (you have been warned.)

That's pretty much it really, I'm not sure if you would like any insight to me as a person.
I like to have everything under control and when I don't and when there is something I don't have any control over I start to freak out slightly. I don't mean like, controlling other people, I just mean like, my life, my emotions and all of that stuff. I clean like a freak when I am lacking control. So that is why during certain conversations or situations I start tidying up as we're probably talking about something I have no control over and I don't really like it.

So that's it. Take care. Get drunk, I will be.
And remember, out here in the desert your shadow lives on without you. Stay strong killjoys, you know what I mean.

No comments :

Post a Comment